Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The things kids say...

As soon as I start baking anything, Ryan is glued to my side, waiting for something yummy to come out of the oven so he can be my taste-tester. Yesterday, I was making gingersnaps for my grandpa and Ryan had to sample the first batch. Of course, he loved the cookies. I saved a few for him to eat later. Today after lunch, Ryan asked for a cookie...here's how it played out.

Ryan: Mommy, can I have one of those cookies?

Me: What kind do you want?

Ryan: I want one of those gingerbutts.

Me: Huh?

I have no idea where he came up with that. The funniest thing about the whole thing is that he says it with a straight face, having no idea what he is saying. I refer to them as gingersnaps, but that doesn't make a difference to him. They continue to be gingerbutts -- they don't sound so appetizing, do they??

My other child has some notable words of her own...Caitlin said her first three word phrase last night. It was... "No way, mommy!" This was yelled in a fit of rage over something -- probably a countdown to bedtime or a gentle reminder to please not crawl on the furniture. My girl has some spunk!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! I thought Caitlin said "Bye bye Grandma Kay" just the other day. "No way, Mommy" is much funnier, though.

Hilary said...

That is hilarious!

The Zdeneks said...

You're kids are just too cute AND funny! I love to reading up on you guys and the adventures that you have!

Natalie said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while :)

mary said...

Abbey, I laughed out loud when I read this! Looking forward to seeing you (and meeting the comedians!) this weekend!