Thursday, March 06, 2008

Homemade bread - YUM!

A couple of months ago, I was inspired by something I read and decided to try my hand at making homemade bread. I bought a used bread maker off of Craig's List, so if my bread making wasn't successful, I wasn't out a lot of dough. Ha Ha - pun intended!

I haven't bought a loaf of bread since I started baking my own. It's so much tastier and it's really easy to throw it in the bread maker. I've only attempted making wheat bread with this awesome recipe, but I might branch out soon and try other recipes. The recipe I use doesn't include directions for a bread maker, but it's really easy. I just put the machine on the dough cycle, add the ingredients in the order listed, and turn on the machine. I only use the machine to mix and knead the dough. After the dough cycle ends, I put the dough in a loaf pan, cover it and let it rise for another 20 minutes in a warm place, and then bake it at 350 for 30 minutes.

One of Ryan's favorite snacks is "fresh, warm bread," right out of the oven. Yum!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Ok Mom of the Year with your organic fruit and veggie delivery and now homemade bread!! Please bring bread to class for the preggo as it sounds d'lish (jk) ;)

The Zdeneks said...

OOOHHHH, What a great idea!! I'm sure it makes some yummy sandwiches as well or even french toast!