Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vacation Bible Camp Adventure!

Before our beach adventure, we spent a week attending Vacation Bible Camp at my parents' church (the same church I attended as a child) in Bellevue. Although we attend a church in Mill Creek, my childhood church is very special to me and we visit often. It's a small, family-oriented church where everybody knows each other. I love our big church and the programs it offers, but sometimes I do miss the intimacy of a smaller church. It was nice to go back and spend the week with people I have known for 20 years!!
Ryan and Caitlin listening intently.

Ryan was a big preschooler and I taught the 2-year-old class. The kids had a blast! They spent the mornings singing, watching puppet shows, doing crafts, playing games, and eating creatively prepared snacks! For a small church with limited resources, the week was a huge success and so much fun for all involved.

Ryan and Caitlin singing the "duck" song, led by Miss Lauri.

Caitlin decorating her bug house.

No comments: