Thursday, April 03, 2008

Quiet time antics

Ryan no longer naps, but he is banished to his room for a two-hour daily quiet time. He'll read books, play trains, change his clothes, etc. I really don't care what he does, as long as he stays in his room, doesn't hurt himself, and doesn't wake up Caitlin. This week, he's done some funny things during quiet time, that I have to share.

As I write this, Ryan is up in his room singing, "Bullet trains are cool." It's a new song he made up about 20 minutes ago. He has been singing it ever since - and he sounds really out of breath, so I think he's dancing too. **UPDATE: Ryan performed the Bullet Train song for me - it was everything I imagined it would be...and more!**

And yesterday, I went up to "release" him at 3pm and he was standing there with his pants off wearing his big boy underpants. He told me that he had a diaper rash, but not to worry because he applied the Butt Paste all by himself (Caitlin had taken it into his room earlier in the day). Sure enough, he had slathered Butt Paste all over himself. He doesn't have a rash, but at least I know he's resourceful!

No comments: