Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Caitlin loves Kanye

As Caitlin becomes more verbal, she is blossoming into quite the singer. She is an especially talented "car singer." Every time the music goes on, she decides to sing along. Usually, we're listening to the Veggie Tales, Backyardigans, or Spirit 105.3 - something appropriate for little listeners, but every once in awhile, I just need to turn the station.

Yesterday, I was flipping around and landed on Kanye West's - "Stronger." For those not familiar with the song, it has a great beat. Mike and I both have it on our iPods as part of our "workout mix" because it's just the thing you want to hear when you're doing something mundane, like running on a treadmill, but it's not something we blast around the kids because Ryan repeats everything - and I mean everything - he hears.

I kept it on the song because I needed a pick-me-up, the sun was shining and most importantly, it was edited for the radio... right on cue, Caitlin started singing. During the chorus, in the middle of the song, Kanye says "Ohh," over and over again and Caitlin, right on beat, sang along - clapping her hands and kicking her feet.

Do we have a future R&B singer or rap artist on our hands?? With her personality, it wouldn't surprise me if she opted for the limelight.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love it! I know what you mean about needing a break from kid's music. Our assortment of music in the car is usually "Baby Loves Jazz", "Cowboy Baby", or one of our many Kindermusik CDs. On occasion, it's nice to listen to adult music too!