Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Phone call from Daddy

Mike called tonight from Singapore, just in time to talk to Ryan before he went to bed. Ryan was super chatty -- which was great -- especially since Ryan refused to talk to Mike when he stopped in Hawaii three weeks ago.


Ryan was telling Mike about his day and told Mike that we went to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers - http://www.mops.org/) this morning and that he had a snack, played with his friends, and did an art project. Mike asked about his art project and Ryan said, "I prayed for you Daddy." I got choked up hearing Ryan tell Mike this in his sweet three-year old voice. The art project was a picture Ryan colored with a paper chain linked to it. On the paper chain, it says, "My Dad." We pray for Mike every night before bed -- that he gets his work done, stays healthy, and gets enough sleep -- apparently, it's memorable for Ryan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It got me choked up just reading it.

Hilary said...

Another teary posting, I love hearing about where Mike is and how the kids are doing with him away. Always so touching!

The Zdeneks said...

I love the updates and I'm so happy to hear that Mike is safe!

We'll keep you guys in our prayers...