Caitlin has a little problem...she is totally addicted to her pacifier! She is sooo attached to that thing! When she was about a year old, I limited her paci usage to her crib and that seemed to work fine, but I don't know how to get rid of it completely. Any suggestions??If she gets her hands on one during the day, she'll hide so she can have it. I caught her under the dining room table a couple of days ago. We've found her in closets, under her crib, under blankets, sitting in dark rooms, etc. The funniest thing is that she'll immediately pull it out of her mouth and pretend she wasn't using it. Mike walked into her room a couple of weeks ago to see if she was in there and when he opened the door, he was greeted with a pacifier flying across the room. Caitlin had thrown it to get rid of the evidence. At my parents' house, she was standing in the doorway of a dark closet with a pacifier at her feet. I took one look at the paci and she said, "I don't have a paci in my mouth." What a sneaky little girl!!
I'm not going to do anything drastic in the next couple of months because of our move to California, but this crazy addiction must come to an end!
4 comments:
My suggestion is to get rid of all but ONE pacifier! That way you can keep tabs on it and if she can't find it, then she can't have it. Maybe 2 to start with...but if she keeps hiding them, you need to just take them away so that YOU have the power! Put them up high or somewhere where she absolutely can not get to them.
That is hilarious though, the pacifier across the room, that made me laugh out loud! LOL!
Good luck! I'm lucky Mikaelyn wasn't addicted to hers...she loved it, but it wasn't hard to get it away from her.
I can totally relate! Paytons addicted too! If she had it her way she would use it 24/7. We got it to only sleeping times, but if its not put up during the day, she'll find it asnd put it in her mouth.
On Christmas eve we are discussing with Payton to leave it for Santa to give to the new babies.. We'll see how that goes!
My friend traded her daughter a "big girl" toy that she really wanted for her pacifier. She told her that only big girls play with this certain toy but that big girls don't use pacifiers. She must have really wanted the toy because she agreed to the trade! OK, call it a bribe if you want but it worked :)
When Lucy was 2, I asked her if she wanted to trade each paci for an m&m. She happily threw every single one into the garbage and never asked for them again. BUT - she woke up in the middle of the night and came into my bed for a good 9 months. I recommend leaving it until she's 3 and trying for a trade. My dentist/husband says it's fine for sleeping. Good luck!
Post a Comment