When we awoke to snow on Christmas morning, I had to take pictures. I can remember one other snowy Christmas in Washington, but we rarely have White Christmases, so I had to record the event! Thankfully, the snow didn't interfere with our Christmas plans!
We started out Christmas morning at home with Santa presents and stockings. Santa brought Ryan the "big boy fireman Legos" he'd been asking for (since before Thanksgiving!). Caitlin got a brand-new baby doll and stroller (easy to pack for San Diego). We had a relaxing morning -- until the power went out! We got ready to head to Grandma Kay's house in Kirkland for more festivities.


The Lego and doll/princess theme continued through the day as we celebrated with both sides of our family. One of the best things about being back in Washington is being able to spend time with all of our family -- and not having to travel over the holidays! We had a really nice day (and a nice Christmas Eve with Mike's dad and stepmom).


Christmas came to an abrupt end about 6pm. Mike and I headed home to take down Christmas and get ready to leave the next morning! We left Ryan at my parents' house, but brought Caitlin home with us because she was sick (quite sick as we learned the next morning).
I'm looking forward to a more relaxed holiday season next year, although Mike won't be celebrating with us. :(
1 comment:
A great picture of the back yard. Uncle Glenn said that was one way to foil the raccoons!
Post a Comment