Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Whirlwind weekend

We spent last weekend in Las Vegas and Disneyland. I carefully packed for every situation (wedding, hot and cold weather, unforeseen accidents, etc.) and thought I had it all together until halfway to Vegas I realized I forgot the camera! Bummer.

So, I'll just make a quick list of notable events:

* Watching Dave (Mike's brother) and Jessica (our new sister-in-law/aunt) get married.
* Shielding the kids' eyes from the scantily-clad dancers in the Excalibur casino.
* Picking out M&Ms at the M&M store. Caitlin chose hot pink, light pink, and purple. Ryan chose black, grey, and navy blue.
* Seeing the Bellagio fountain/light show. I could watch it all night!
* Meeting Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, and a host of other characters.
* Riding with Ryan on the Toon Town roller coaster - and watching him finally start to enjoy himself at Disneyland.
* Partaking in lots of yummy food and drink!

All in all, it was a fun weekend. I'm still so disappointed that I forgot my camera. We'll just have to go back to Disneyland again before heading north!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I felt so bad about the dancers at the Excalibur!!! I had no idea a place that seems to be geared, at least a little, to families would have those girls right out in the open like that. I mean the entire bottom floor is a game area/arcade! Hopefully the kids didn't notice! The photos of Ryan and Caitlin with Dave and I at the wedding turned out great on the proof sheet, when we get a copy I will get a copy and send one to you. They were so great during the ceremony, thank you for letting us include them.

Abbey said...

Jessica - don't feel bad! The kids were oblivious! We just thought it was funny that they were dancing on tables at 4pm!

Can't wait to see the pics!!