Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Chicken House

First, a little background...

Since he could talk, Ryan has affectionately referred to McDonald's as "The Chicken House." I have no idea where he came up with it, but I don't correct him because I'd much rather have him call the Golden Arches by some obscure name than blurting out, "I want to go to McDonald's!"

Fast forward to this morning...

At almost 20 months old, Caitlin is starting to repeat everything - every word, every gesture...everything that we do. She is particularly interested in her big brother. She follows him around the house - singing if he is singing, jumping if he is jumping. Apparently she is also listening closely to everything he is saying.

This morning, as we were driving to Stroller Strides, she got very excited and started pointing out the window. I turned to look at what she found so exciting and of course, it was The Chicken House. After pointing for a bit, in her little, not-so-clear voice, I hear her saying, "House! House! House!" So, in her very limited vocabulary, she has essentially added, "McDonald's." I'm so proud of her! Ha!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I love this story, I remember you telling it at class one morning. So funny!