All of sudden, Ryan is talking! I'm sure he's been trying to articulate words for months, but now, we're starting to understand him. It's awesome! The clearest word he says is, "Elmo," thanks to his new Elmo doll and having Elmo on his diapers. He also says balloon, sun, moon, dog, duck, banana, more, all done, shoes, toes, Big Bird, and baby. You'll notice that two important words are missing from his repertoire - mommy and daddy! He knows who we are, but I guess we're always close enough so he doesn't feel the need to call for us. It's so much fun to see him figure out new words. He's trying to pronounce everything we say, and oftentimes, we carry on full conversations - I think he's convinced that we understand what he's trying to say!
He recently had his 15-month check-up which meant more shots (MMR and Chicken Pox vaccine), but thankfully, he hasn't had a bad reaction. Several of his friends ran very high fevers for several days after receiving the MMR vaccine. He weighed in at 24 1/2 pounds and is not 31 1/2 inches tall - in the 50th percentile for height and weight - and of course, 90th percentile for his large head!! I ask every appointment whether we should be concerned with his head size and the doctor says, it's perfect, lots of room for brains!!
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As I remember, one of the first words our kids learned was "cookie".
Post a Comment