Tuesday, November 29, 2005

New 'Do


After much deliberation, we decided to take Ryan for his first professional haircut today. I was nervous about doing it myself...and I was even more nervous thinking about Mike trying to do it! About a month ago, I cut the hair around his ears, but because of that, little Ryan had a mullet (business in the front, party in the back!). We didn't want our chic little guy looking like he was from rural Idaho (no offense to anyone from that part of the U.S.)! It almost broke my heart to watch my baby turn into a little boy with a few clips of the shears. He was an all-star - he freaked out when the SuperCuts lady tried to shave his sideburns (what sideburns does a 13-month old have??) and also when she brought out the hair dryer. Ryan has an aversion to small appliances that make big noises - vacuuming is difficult at our house! Anyway, I'm rambling!

I'll end with this funny tidbit: The best part of the whole haircut experience was when the receptionist looked at Ryan and asked us, "Will Ryan be needing a shampoo or color treatment today?" We almost burst out laughing! We thought we'd skip the highlights and just go for a weave!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snap, little Ryan is looking like a stunna with his football in hand. Mike, make sure you turn the vacuum on everytime he drops the football! He'll learn real fast that fumbling is unacceptable. Hahaha, just kidding. Man, this blog is cool, great way for all of us to keep up with the life and times of Ryan McGee. Great work Abbey!