Monday, November 28, 2005

Droppin' Back for a Pass

Ryan is exceeding Mike's expectations as far as his interest in sports! We were at Target this weekend and Mike pointed out a set of mini sports balls to Ryan and of course, Ryan frantically signed, "MORE!" So, in order to avoid a scene in Target, Ryan got the set of balls! (Yes, we're suckers for the little guy!) There was a football, basketball and soccer ball. Over the past few days, Ryan has one of the balls in his possession at all times. In fact, I realized this afternoon, that as long as Ryan has his football, he's very cooperative. He even made it in his stroller (without protest) for an hour this afternoon, gripping his football tightly. He takes it in the car, to the park, and walks around the house holding it. We're teaching him to throw the football, bounce the basketball, and kick the soccer ball. He's doing pretty well!

Mike turned to me yesterday and said, "Abbey, I'm so glad that Ryan likes his football." I just smiled, but to be completely honest, I'm thrilled that Ryan is showing an interest in sports at such a young age!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the stance--hope I live long enough to see him in a real game.I bet he will be a good one.
Love G G mcd