

Ryan received an early Christmas present over the weekend - a "Ryan-sized" rocking easy chair with matching ottoman! It's a hit at our house. He really enjoys reading books, so we put it in our living room, right next to his baskets of books. He likes to sit in the chair, snuggle up with his blanket made by Great-Grandma Yates and look at his books.
You can see from the pictures, he enjoys using the chair for other things - like testing limits. As I'm taking the picture, I'm reminding him that he must sit down on his bottom. By the defiant look on his face, you can obviously tell we need to work on his listening skills!! I'm sure I'm reinforcing bad behavior by taking pictures, but I couldn't resist.
Ryan also discovered this evening how to use boxes to climb onto things he can't reach on his own. I walked into the kitchen and he was just hanging out in one of our wicker chairs. There was a cookie jar box sitting suspiciously on the floor in front of the chair. I'm hoping he'll forget how he did that - otherwise, he'll be climbing all over everything!
1 comment:
I'm betting he WON'T forget, and he WILL be climbing all over everything (remembering a lot of other toddlers exploring).
G-G-Yates
Post a Comment